Do You Know Your Personal Genius?
- What is your true genius?
- What are your super-powers?
- What makes you tick?
- What makes you unique?
- What are your natural strengths, gifts, abilities, tendencies and preferences?
- What are your passions?
- What do you really desire?
- What is your unique purpose?
- What are you truly here to do?
Perhaps you think about these things all the time. Generally speaking though, most of us are not taught this kind of self-awareness. Self-awareness is not automatic; it is an acquired skill.
Our society seems to be obsessed with “fixing” everyone’s weaknesses. Countless amounts of effort and energy is put into making us feel shame and guilt because we’re not as good at something as this one or that one. That we are bad, or lazy, or flighty, or undisciplined or doomed to failure because of some supposed short-coming.
This absolutely has to change!
We must, as a people, and as a culture:
Trying to fix everyone’s “weaknesses” is not the best route to SUCCESS.
The real POWER is in leveraging our best STRENGTHS and minimizing the impact of our “weaknesses”. There are always things that we will need to improve upon to succeed. However,
The only way we can truly FAIL is if we allow our success to be dependent on one of our “weaknesses” – what I like to call an area of non-strength or a blind spot.
There was a key study started back in 2000 which essentially asked the question:
“Why do some people succeed and thrive at high levels while others who seem very similar do not”?
What is the difference maker?
In all roles, across all industries, at all levels – the difference maker was clearly attributed to high performance levels in two acquired skills:
These two components are critical factors in leveraging The Thrive Formula for greater success and fulfillment in your life and in your work.
- Deep Self-Awareness and understanding of your unique Personal Genius
- (Understanding Yourself)
- (Understand how you are similar or different from Others)
- (Understand how you best interact with your Environments)
- Practicing Authenticity by honoring your Personal Genius in all that you do:
- (Relating well to Yourself)
- (Relating well to Others)
- (Relating well to your Environments)
Then we layer in the final critical factor of (Cultivating and maintaining the right Energy, Attitude and Mindset) and we have The Thrive Formula is complete.
Your Personal Genius and honoring your Personal Genius are at the heart and core of the Thrive Formula and achieving your BEST SUCCESS!