Click the to download this episode
Click on the to share this episode on Facebook, Twitter, Linked-in or Pinterest
Click the to embed this episode player on your site or in your social media.
In this podcast episode we are welcoming back a guest, Maria Xenidou PhD to share more about her journey of success and happiness. Maria talks about how a seemingly illogical decision of not signing a contract that she made based entirely on her intuition opened the door to her freedom, from a bound to be the next level corporate employee to an entrepreneurial influencer, blogger, podcaster and agent of positive change.
I love how Maria views the importance of health, spending more time on yourself and enjoying one’s life have played a great role in creating the kind of life that she’s living right now.
Maria and I see eye-to-eye that it should be Life first not Work First. Each of us has the power to change our story to the way we want it to be!
The only way to thrive as a person is to be happy about yourself, to love what you do and take advantage of the available resources and share them to empower others!
18:40 Listening to your intuition -Maria
34:40 Don’t beat yourself up, give yourself some grace. – Candice
39:00 Be surprised of what meditation can do!
42:00 We only live once!
44:50 The important and tough decisions
51:00 Thrive at life, thrive at work
55:00 Allowing yourself to see and accept alternative possibilities
56:30 Maria’s vision
58:00 Exploring opportunities using available resources
1:01:00 Empathy, leadership and learning from one another
1:03:00 Planting seeds of ideas
1:06:50 What it means to be success-full and fully Thrive
Linked in: Maria Xenidou
Mentioned on the Show
* * * * *
Book – Steal Like An Artist by Austin Kleon
Book – True North by Bill George
Book – This Is Marketing by Seth Godin
Highlights of today’s podcast
- Maria and Candice talk about how work takes a toll on you physically and when is the last time you stopped or pause and notice what’s around you other than work.
- Discussion about being like Thoroughbred horses and the blinders they wear – We must take our blinders off so that we can see other options and possibilities.
- How books and other resources continue to work on us even after we’ve read them
- Getting interested in and beginning to learn about and explore other things you’re your “usual” industry or go to people and sources.
- Having healthy discussions with yourself is not being schizophrenic
- Maria realizing that the corporate world is not for her anymore after getting a break and having a deeper conversation with herself.
- If we really want to thrive in our lives, in our businesses, we have to be open to the possibilities that that can exist. You can wake up in the morning and love where you’re going to (novel idea, right).
- Thriving is when we realize the beauty of all that we GET to do (not have to must do or should do)
- We must be careful not to trap ourselves in constant go, go, go and starve ourselves from personal one-to-one time. We need one on one time with yourself like we need to breathe every day.
We really do want to hear from you so please,
Do, Tell us your listening! Do, Tell us what you think! Do, Tell us what you want to hear more of!
We LOVE to hear from you!
and…. We really LOVE rewarding our engaged Thriverz
with special, prizes, gifts and rewards :blush:
Until next time, Remember…
You Deserve to Be Success-Full and You Deserve to Fully Thrive!